A grilling recipe that is easy to prepare, tasty as a appetizer or a side dish. The flavors go together so brilliantly!
- 1 c. blueberries
- 1⁄2 habanero chile (seeded for milder salsa)
- 3⁄4 c. + 1 tbsp. Thai basil leaves, preferably opal basil
- 1 tsp. finely grated garlic
- 1 tsp. finely grated peeled ginger
- 1⁄4 c. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 c. purple grape juice
- 1⁄3 c. grape seed oil
- 3 zucchini (1.5 lb.) sliced lengthwise into 1⁄2 inch thick strips, or cut lengthwise into quartered spears
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper Korean chili flakes
- Roasted sesame seeds
In a food processor, combine blueberries, habanero, and 3⁄4 c. basil, with garlic, ginger, vinegar, and grape juice. With machine on, add grape seed oil slowly until the salsa is blended but still chunky.
Light up a grill. In large bowl, toss the zucchini with the olive oil and season with salt, pepper, Korean chili flakes, and sesame seeds. Grill over moderate heat until lightly charred and tender, 1–2 minutes per side.
Transfer zucchini to a platter and garnish with the remaining 1 tbsp. of Thai basil. Drizzle salsa all over or serve on the side.