This refreshing salad, made with cantaloupe and cucumbers, is the perfect side dish for any occasion.
- 1⁄2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 c. champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 cantaloupe, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cucumber, sliced 1⁄2 inch thick
- 2 Fresno chilies, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 c. roasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1⁄4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 c. fresh mint leaves
- chopped Sumac (tarty and citrusy spice from Middle East)
Whisk oil, vinegar, coriander, salt, pepper, and cardamom in large bowl. Add canta- loupe, cucumber, and chiles; toss to coat. Let sit uncovered 15 minutes. Add pumpkin seeds, cilantro, and mint to salad and toss gently to combine. Garnish with sumac.
This is an excerpt from The Right Fit Formula