This hearty, whole grain dish couldn’t be easier!
- 1 c. cooked healthy grains (quinoa, farro, barley, wild rice, or brown rice)
- 1 c. swiss chard or spinach, thinly sliced
- 1 c. green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 c. carrots, julienned
- 1⁄4 c. edamame
- 4 tbsp. miso-lime dressing (below)
- 1⁄2 lb. cooked shrimp, marinated with salt, pepper, sesame, Korean chili flake, and sesame oil
- 1 avocado, cut in half
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tbsp. scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. toasted black sesame
Divide grains into two bowls. Toss swiss chard, cabbage, carrots, and edamame in a bowl with the dressing. Place atop grains. Add shrimp and avocado and garnish with cilantro, scallions, and black sesame.
Creamy Miso Dressing
Makes 1 cup
- 41⁄2 tbsp. light yellow miso
- 3 tbsp. rice vinegar or wine vinegar
- 41⁄2 tbsp. raw honey
- 3 tbsp. yellow mustard
Whisk ingredients in a bowl until they are well combined and the miso has dissolved.
This recipe is an excerpt from The Right Fit Formula.