If you grew up eating sandwiches, (I did) and you’re not ready to give them up—(You shouldn’t) you know how delicious they can be- but sometimes high in calories and fat… but not this one… This is a simple and oh so tasty recipe below low in calories and saturated fat. Enjoy! Please comment below if you liked it or your own quick & easy sandwich ideas.
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 5-ounce can water-packed tuna, drained
- ¼ c. vegenaise
- 2 tbsp. capers, drained, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice, plus more if needed
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
In medium bowl, combine celery, onion, tuna, vegenaise, capers, parsley, mustard, and lemon juice. Mix with until well combined. Season with salt, pepper and more lemon juice, if desired. Serve on rye toast, ezekiel bread or lettuce cups!
Calories: 130 per serving (Tuna)
Bread: 120-180 per serving (2 slices)