Strength Training: 1—Hoop it Up! Workout
by | | Workouts
Prop: Hoop, weighing no more than 2 lbs.
Sequence 1: Bodacious Arms
Strengthens deltoids, core, lats and glutes, posture.
Out and In
- * Stand in demi-plié: heels together, toes apart, knees slightly bent.
- * Hold hoop in front of your chest with hands at 9 and 3. Hands are slightly lower
than shoulder height.
- * Keeping torso zipped, gently squeeze the sides of the hoop, engaging your pecs.
- * With a one-inch range of motion, push arms out straight, then bend elbows and
- * Push and pull for 30 seconds.
Up and Down
- * With demi-plié and hands at 9 and 3, bend elbows softly.
- * Gently squeeze the hoop between the palms, lifting only the elbows.
- * Lift and lower for 30 seconds.
One of Each
* Alternate Out and In and Up and Down for 30 seconds.Repeat sequence 3x.
Sequence 2: Adding Balance
Strengthens core, deltoids, balance, glutes.
- * Stand in demi-plié and hold hoop in front of chest at 9 and 3.
- * Tuck pelvis, round spine, and extend right leg behind and slightly to the right,
right foot brushing floor.
- * Use core for balance as you move hoop through Out and In, Up and Down, and
One of Each.
- * For added intensity, bend leg in and out while moving arms. Keep range of
motion small and precise.
- * Repeat each variation 30 seconds.
- * Reset and repeat with opposite leg extended.
This workout is an excerpt from The Right Fit Formula