Your Favorite “F” Word: Food!
by | | Health + Fitness
Many of us hear it with the same enthusiasm as slug trail or nail fungus. And sure, I was one of them! Diet meant binge, forbid, and binge again. It meant abuse your body in the name of getting skinny. That messed me up in a big way.
But today I know this: dieting does not deserve a bad rap! The truth is, having a plan to lose weight is not only healthy, it’s sometimes medically necessary.
Let’s spend a minute reframing what “diet” really means.
1) Diets are meant to be temporary. Eating well is a lifetime pursuit, but actual dieting to lose weight is not a forever thing. So please don’t freak out about never having a tasty morsel again. That’s not how this works.
2) Diets lead to sustainable change. In real, nondieting life, there are no “bad” foods, no restrictions, no “cheat days.” A true weight loss plan mimics real life in that you alter the portions and emphasize modification and moderation. Nothing is forbid- den, and everything is adjustable!
3) Diets are about quality and quantity. You balance nutritious foods with portion con- trol and . . . that’s it! You lose weight.
4) D-I-E-T: Delicious Intuitive Eating That lasts.
And that’s what this chapter is all about. This is your Right Fit Formula for food. You really will discover a way of eating that you can live with until death do you part. And I know, because I’ve spent years as a weight loss expert, working with thousands of people exactly like you. So when I tell you the following, I mean it. We’re going to choose a way of eating in which you will:
1) Enjoy what you eat. For real.
2) Get to the weight that’s right for you. 3) Be able to stick with it for life.
For more tips, order your copy of The Right Fit Formula #TheRIghtFitFormula